Learn about abuse in nursing homes
Answers to frequently asked questions
Learn signs of nursing home abuse
Different types of injuries
Pressure sore injuries
Injury involving malnutrition
Abuse in nursing homes
Slip and falls in nursing homes
Sexual assault in nursing homes
Nursing home deaths
Phone: (619) 239-7900, ext. 113
Fax: (619) 239-7800
1230 Columbia St., Suite 1120
San Diego, CA 92101
73710 Fred Waring Dr, Ste.120
Palm Desert CA, 92260
Palm Springs/Palm Desert
San Luis Obispo
Contra Costa County
California Financial Elder Abuse Attorney
Real Estate Loss • Investment Loss • Other Financial Loss
If your loved one has been the victim of financial elder abuse, I can help you. I'm San Diego lawyer Joel R. Bryant, and I have successfully handled many cases where someone has taken unfair financial advantage of an elderly person by lying to them, pretending concern / love / friendship, or pressuring them.
I offer a no-charge telephone consultation and accept financial abuse cases either on contingency or hourly, depending on the situation. If you need a California attorney for financial elder abuse , I can help you.
Please call me today at (619) 239-7900 for your no-charge consultation.
Serious Financial Elder Abuse Cases Handled
I handle all types of serious financial elder abuse, including those involving:
- Loss of Real Estate - usually, the deed is put in the name of the abuser, or the abuser is added to the deed.
- Loss of Stocks / Investments - by adding the abuser to the accounts.
- Intentionally Bad Investment Advice by Financial Professional - persuading the elder to buy a too-long annuity, high-risk stock, unneeded insurance, or other unsuitable investment so the professional can get a commission.
- Mortgage Loan Fraud - convincing the elder to take out a home loan with overly high fees / interest / penalties, or unaffordable payments.
Common Types of Abusers
Sadly, in most cases the abuser is someone the elderly person or their family trusted. They may be a caretaker, family member, friend, attorney, stockbroker, or any other person who gains access to the elder's assets, or who persuades the elder to make an improper investment or take out an unsuitable mortgage. However, all of these abusers can be stopped by taking prompt legal action.
Contact Attorney Joel R. Bryant Immediately to Protect Assets
It is extremely important to contact an attorney who is experienced in stopping financial elder abuse as soon as the wrongdoing is discovered in order to minimize the harm, and increase the likelihood of a recovery.
Once you contact me, I will conduct an immediate investigation to determine which persons are potentially responsible for the loss. I will then ask the court to order:
- Stolen real estate or investments returned to the elder (where possible).
- The abuser's name removed from deeds and/or accounts.
- The abuser and any another responsible persons to pay for the elder's financial losses.
- Any other legal remedies necessary to restore the elder's financial position.
I offer a no-charge telephone consultation and accept financial abuse cases either on contingency or hourly, depending on the situation. You will receive a complete explanation of my services, fees, and related costs (such as court filing fees) in a written agreement for you to review and sign before you hire me.
For more information or an appointment, please call me at (619) 239-7900, extension 113. I will respond as quickly as possible.